Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Location: La Crosse, WI
|What you need to acquire, own and maintain arcade machines:
1. Transport - arcade machines average about 6 feet tall, 2 feet wide, and weigh 200-300lbs. You need a vehicle that is capable of transporting a small profane because that is how big and heavy they ar
2. Appliance Dolly - indispensible. Arcade games are almost impossible to move around without one. I recommend one with solid tires and at least one ratchet strap, rated to at least 500lbs.
3. Room - Arcade machines are big. No foolin'.
4. Woodworking, painting, repair skillz - these help a lot. Arcade machines take a lot of abuse to their cabinets.
5. Electronic/Electrical skillz - AC/DC wiring, soldering, the ability to troubleshoot issues using a Digital Multimeter
6. $$$ and lots of it - this is not a nickel and dime hobby, although real bargains can be found. Cash talks.