Joined: 15 Nov 2007
- Sat. Aug. 20th at Gaming Generations of La Crosse
- $5 per player ($20 team) entrance fee
- Sign ups day of the event
- Starts at 1pm central time
- 4 v 4 teams
- Using Xbox 360 consoles (US version)
- Playing on 23″ Asus VH236H monitors
- No wireless controllers allowed
- Players may borrow up to one wired controller at a time from GG
- We recommend that players bring their own Xbox 360 wired controllers
- Double elimination bracket style
- Rapid fire is NOT allowed
- Kontrol Freak items ARE allowed
* We may use split screen depending on how many teams sign up!
1st Place: Free Halo Reach team entrance pass to MLG Raleigh event & $80 GG gift card
2nd Place: $60 GG gift card
3rd Place: $40 GG gift card
IMPORTANT: GG gift cards listed above will kick in if 10 or more teams enter. If less than 10 teams enter, we will give the top 3 teams $40 gift cards. If less than 5 teams enter, we will run a free tournament!
NOTE: If you win this event, only your team entrance fee to MLG will be covered. It is on your team to make flight & Hotel arrangements if need be.
HALO REACH SPECIFIC RULES
1. Current MLG based rules will be used. Rules changed by MLG w/in 7 days of the tournament will NOT be used. Each round will consist of a best-of-3 series. If two teams meet up in the Losers Bracket after having already played in the Winners Bracket, the series will be extended to a best-of-7 continuation series.
2. Teams will be seeded randomly.
3. The higher seeded team will choose if they wish to host 1 or 2 games. The higher seeded team will play as the red team for every game, the lower seeded team will play as the blue team.
4. All players must use the Spartan player model, although they may play as either the Male or Female Spartan.
5. The host will be responsible for making sure all game play rules are set and correct. If the settings are wrong, the first time will result in a warning, all subsequent occurrences will result in the forfeiture of the game.
6. The game types must be played in the same order that they appear on the game types by round sheet.
7. Each player is responsible for making sure that their controller settings are correct before the match starts.
8. Team Slayer games that tie will be replayed with a 5 minute time limit. All subsequent ties will be replayed with the same 5 minute time limit. CTF games that tie will be replayed with an 8 minute tiebreaker, and Team Oddball games will be replayed using an 8 minute time limit.
9. Any disputes about game play, or about a referee’s ruling must be brought to the attention of the tournament director before the start of the next round.
10. All players must use a wired controller, play and charge kits are not allowed.
1. Players must use wired controllers for all shooter tournaments. Split screen will be used unless playing on the main stage.
2. Teams/Players that wish to use headphones/headsets/Astro Mixamps at the event may do so. The players/teams are responsible for hooking up any cords they need to and will only have the 5 minute check-in period before a series available to do so. If a team cannot hook everything up in that 5 minute period, they will not be allowed to use their headphones/headset. Players may not use wireless headphones or headsets.
3. Players cannot use a headphone that requires a power outlet, but may use headphones that require USB power if there is an available USB port.
4. Players may not unplug anything from the Xbox 360 or TV. They may use any available USB port or bring a USB splitter to increase the number of USB ports on the 360 console.
5. Players must play the gametypes in the order that they are listed on the gametypes page.
6. Rounds will be a best-of-3 series. Teams that meet in the Loser’s Bracket after playing in the Winner’s Bracket will play an extended best-of-7 series.
7. If teams are seeded in the tournament, the higher seeded team will choose to host the 1st and 3rd game or 2nd game. If there are no seeds given to teams, a ref will assign who gets to host the 1st game. The team that does not get to host the 1st game will get to host the 2nd game. The 3rd game will then go back to the team who hosted the 1st game.
8. Teams must report to their assigned station within 5 minutes after matches are announced. If a team does not report within 5 minutes, they forfeit the series. The full team must be present to not forfeit. Small exceptions may be made if the team has a good explanation for where their missing player(s) are.
9. Teams may not start a game without a Referee’s permission. Games started without a referee’s permission may be replayed regardless of the outcome (referees decision).
10. Teams may not replace a player or coach after they register and check in. Players should plan on being present for the entire tournament. If a player must leave the event for any reason, their team will forfeit any future matches unless an exception is given by a referee.
11. Players must use the same “Handle/Player Name” for the entire tournament.
12. If a player/team has any complaints or concerns about possible cheating by another team, it must be brought to the tournament directors attention before the start of the next series of matches.
13. Excessively taunting the opposing team or spectators, or using profanity will most likely result in a warning. If a team accumulates 3 warnings over the course of the tournament, they will be eliminated from the tournament.
14. Spectators may not taunt or communicate with either team while the match is in progress. If they do, they will be asked to leave the station. If they continue to break this rule over the course of the tournament, they will be removed from the respective tournament area and not allowed back for the rest of the event.
15. Threatening or attempting to harm another competitor or spectator (asking them to step outside, throwing a controller at a person, etc…) WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Doing so will result in your team being eliminated from the tournament and your being removed from the venue for the remainder of the tournament.
16. In the event of equipment failure (TV/360 losing power, etc…) The game will be restarted.
17. Players are responsible for their belongings for the duration of the event. Players should realize that many Xbox 360 controllers look the same and a distinguishing mark may be used to prove ownership.